This page sets out everything you need to run a similar Faculty Learning Community think tank process in your own context. It provides all the resources that you might need to run sessions, along with a description of how the resources were used. We would recommend that you also read our blog post ‘Evaluating our Faculty Learning Communities‘ that includes feedback on the sessions from our participants and ideas for improving the workshops.
Video introductions have been added to each of the collections to walk you through the resources including: how they are interlinked, how we used them at the University of Bath and our overall experience of the think tank sessions.
All the workshop resources (excluding the video introductions) have been made available by the University of Bath as Open Educational Resources (OERs). The materials are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike licence. Feel free to reuse and adapt them for your own purposes – ensuring that the University of Bath is credited as the original author and that any derivative works are shared under the same licence type.
- Video introduction to the Session 1 resources
- Session 1 plan
- Session 1 ‘postcard’
- Session 1 coffee table exercise – image of output
- Session 1 Digital Literacy definitions
- Session 1 Digital Literacy in your discipline – image of output
- JISC Learning literacy development framework
- Session 1 Developing Digital Literacy for Learners
- Video introduction to the Session 2 resources
- Session 2 plan
- Session 2 Digital Diary
- Completed ‘Learner DL Attributes’ for the Faculty – see our completed versions here…
- Session 2 ‘Supporting DL in the Faculty‘
- Video introduction to the Session 3 resources
- Session 3 plan
- Session 3 presentation
- Background to TALENT and diagram of the TALENT scale
- Session 3 TALENT DL document
- Image of DL attributes cards
- Session 3 Tech List
- Session 3 example of outputs: